List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [SMARTY] Templates using the eval statement
From:       "Brian Takita" <brian.takita () runbox ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 20:23:01

Hello,

I have a project named PHP Object Oriented Framework.
http://poof.sourceforge.net <http://poof.sourceforge.net/>

Currently I use a template engine that parses templates written in PHP.
It uses the eval function to parse the template.

I asked Monte why he decided not to use eval as the template processor.
He said:
Maybe ask your question on the mailing list, you'll get good feedback
there. Also read the overview, first page of documentation.

btw, eval() will be an unavoidable overhead, it cannot be cached by a
php accelerator.

Does eval bring a large performance price? Is there any workaround to
where the eval statements can be cached?

Thank you,
Brian Takita