List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [smarty] AW: Re: Pathname to debug.tpl
From:       "Werner Schweizer" <W.Schweizer () SwissOnline ! ch>
Date:       2001-12-31 13:46:14

Yes, it works from the local template dir.
But this is not what I want.

I'm having more than one Smarty-version on my testmachine
to be able to test on new versions and publish only
if the tests are ok.

So I install each smarty distribution in a separate subdirectory.
Then I change the SMARTY_DIR in my script to point to the current smarty
version.
I made the path to debug.tpl depending on SMARTY_DIR by:

  define("SMARTY_DIR","./Smarty/Smarty-1.5.2");
  require_once SMARTY_DIR."Smarty.class.php";
  $smarty            = new Smarty();
  $smarty->debug_tpl = "SMARTY_DIR/templates/debug.tpl";
  $smarty->debugging = true;

Then I get on the last line of my page:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read template resource:
"./Smarty/Smarty-1.5.2/templates/debug.tpl" in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Smarty\Smarty-1.5.2\Smarty.class.php on line 1516

It only works if I set the debug_tpl to:
  /inetpub/wwwroot/Smarty/Smarty-1.5.2/templates/debug.tpl

Werner Schweizer

You are currently subscribed to smarty as: smarty@progressive-comp.com
Visit Smarty's homepage at http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/Smarty/