List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [smarty] Re: How does compiling work?
From:       Peter Bowyer <reywob () f2s ! com>
Date:       2001-12-28 22:29:01

At 02:01 PM 12/28/01 -0800, Brian E. Lozier wrote:
>How can a compiled system such as this work?  Is it doing all my database
>calls twice?  Is it rebuilding the
>compiled template on each invocation of the script?

Use the is_cached() function documented in the manual. in an if statement
around the code.

Peter.

--oOo--
Narrow Gauge on the web - photos, directory and forums!
http://www.narrow-gauge.co.uk
--oOo--
Peter's web page - Scottish narrow gauge in 009
http://members.aol.com/reywob/
--oOo--

---
You are currently subscribed to smarty as: smarty@progressive-comp.com