List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [smarty] smarty] Re: How does compiling work?
From:       "Brian E. Lozier" <brian () massassi ! net>
Date:       2001-12-28 22:51:13

Then what exactly does compiling do?  It compiles the templates themselves together?  \
But what happens if I  have a conditional template call?

if($condition) {
	$tpl->assign('Content', $tpl->fetch('condition1.tpl'));
} else {
	$tpl->assign('Content', $tpl->fetch('condition2.tpl'));
}

How does smarty compile that?  If it leaves the templates totally separate (which \
seems like the only way  possible..) why is it called compiling?  What gets compiled?