List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    [SMARTY-DEV] adding support for custom $smarty.myVar variable
From:       David =?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=F6rster?= <david () dfoerster ! de>
Date:       2004-06-08 5:48:54

Hello,

I'm working on formsess (formsess.sf.net, a smarty based form toolkit).
It basically consists of a prefilter to create the form, a custom smarty
class and an api to access the form data.

I would like to add support for a $smarty.formsess (just like get,
post..) variable to easily access all submitted data or validation
errors of a form.

As far as I see the only way to do this is to create a custom smarty
compiler class and overwrite _compile_smarty_ref().

(i also thought about using a prefilter but that's even dirtier..)

What do you think about that? Any other ideas how this could be done?

Any help is appreciated.

- david

ps: please cc, i'm not on the list