List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    Re[6]: [SMARTY-DEV] Re[2]: mixing of asign() and assign_by_ref() overwrites external vars
From:       213.248.61.33
Date:       2004-06-05 0:26:31

B> mea  culpa,  I  take  it back. That is the standard behaviour.
B> sigh. I'm still tired of this.
Of  course  it is the standard behavour. Or else - how this would
work?

call_user_func(array(&$obj, "method")).

If we use & in array(), it does not copy.

=&  inside  function  does  not affect to copy behavour - because
before  =&  formal  parameter  had  been  already  copied  to new
location  (from main program to formal parameter). We always work
with  copy,  EXCEPT  the  situation  we specify "&" explicitly in
function call. I thought it is logical.

--
Best regards,
  Dmitry Koteroff.