List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY-DEV] Incorrect newline counters
From:       messju mohr <messju () lammfellpuschen ! de>
Date:       2004-05-31 17:16:22

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 11:55:36PM -0700, boots wrote:
> --- messju mohr <messju@lammfellpuschen.de> wrote:
> > > Aargh!
> > >
> > > What do I see in _compile_foreach_start(), for example?
> > >
> > >   $output .= "if (isset(\$this->_foreach[$name]))
> > unset(\$this->_foreach[$name]);\n";
> > >   $foreach_props = "\$this->_foreach[$name]";
> > >
> > > WHAT IS THIS? Why \n? It breaks line number!
> >
> > yes, but nobody here does really seem to care, except of you.
>
> Actually, I'm certain that messju is aware that many of us care very
> much -- but I'm certain too that he is also aware that we care about
> completely different issues surrounding the topic.

I just wanted to say that hardly anybody seems to care about the fact
that line-numbers in source templates don't correspond to line-numbers
in compiled templates. To me this is really a non-issue although I had
to debug compiled templates from time to time due to errors that
slipped through Smarty's compiler.