List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    [SMARTY-DEV] banana split & revcheck
From:       82.226.123.55
Date:       2004-04-13 16:52:52

Hi again :)

1) - banana split & file-entities.php.in

Today I splitted the huge files under */designers/ and */programmers/,
making them more easy to translate. At the same time, I added a script
(modified from phpdoc) that will take care of generating the file
entities during the ./configure call.

The mentionned script is scripts/file-entities.php.in and it generates a
file-entities.ent file under the "entities" directory. I also modified
manual.xml.in to call the generated entities files instead of hardcoding
filenames.

Now, to add a new file (language-foo.xml) under
en/designers/language-basic-syntax/, you just need to add the mentionned
file in the directory, and its entity in ../language-basic-syntax.xml

With the auto-generated files entities, an untranslated file will be
displayed in english.(actually, the file isn't translated at all, try to
look for the french version of
http://smarty.php.net/manual/en/language.math.php for example)

2) - revcheck

I added the revcheck.php under "scripts/" and tuned it for smarty. What
is this file ? See part 9.4.2 here :

   http://www.php.net/manual/howto/translation-revtrack.html

I tried it and noticed some untranslated files in the french directiry,
I'll take care about them (don't worry, my french is better than my
english =D)

So, you are all highly encouraged to update your local copy of
smarty/docs (cvs up -d, to build the new directories)

Have fun !

  --
Mehdi Achour

Thanks ? http://didou.keliglia.com/wl