List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    [SMARTY-DEV] Detecting when backticks are necessary
From:       Katana <katana () katana-inc ! com>
Date:       2004-02-10 13:39:26

Hi,

I'm here again with another smarty regexp question :-)

I need to detect when  it is necessary to add backticks around a smarty
variable embedded inside a string.
Is there any smarty predefined syntax I could use to do that ?
And is it a big overhead if I add backticks around every smarty variable
found inside a string ? I have to admit it would be the easiest solution
but I don't want to kill performances.

Thanks in advance,

Katana