List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    [SMARTY-DEV] Re: problems with PHP5
From:       80.212.128.234
Date:       2003-06-22 12:27:36

i dont really depend on the CVS version of smarty, but v2.5.0 isnt any
"better" as it uses $this outside a class.. and the speed improvments that i
was expecting in the cvs wasnt great eather ( actual it raised from avg 0,016
s on 2.5.0 to abt 0.025 on cvs )..

since php5 uses object referencing as default behaviour im sure i can figure
out a solution to this. like instead of printing $this->_plugins[..] etc. in
the templates_c it writes $smarty->_plugins[...] and adds a reference to
$smarty at the top of every templates_c. have no idea if this works of as i
dont know the smarty code, so if it is impossible i would appreciate a
"sorry, impossible"..

Terje

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 3:17:12 +0200, Boots wrote
(in message <20030622011712.5905.qmail@web9902.mail.yahoo.com>):