List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    Re[2]: [SMARTY-DEV] Compiler rewrite -> New project
From:       Bertrand DUNOGIER <bdunogier () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-12-19 8:30:54

MO> I  don't  see  a  benefit of making a velocity-like syntax, except for those
MO> that  would  want  to  migrate  to PHP/Smarty that already are familiar with
MO> velocity.
Yes,   i  agree.  If  you  really  need  another  syntax, what about creating an
appropriate a set of prefilters ?

MO> If  Smarty ever did change its syntax, it would probably be toward something
MO> XML  compatible.
Yes, it would probably be the best possible evolution.

MO> The compiler is getting organized, it's closer to a point where changing the
MO> syntax is a more feasible task.
Many  changes  made  a  few  weeks  ago are amazing. And over the last year, the
$smarty usage has become great and makes much sense within Smarty philosophy.

Bertrand