List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY-DEV] chache only based on lifetime??
From:       Monte Ohrt <monte () ispi ! net>
Date:       2002-08-14 21:54:21

Testing for data freshness on every hit to the cache would kind of
defeat the purpose of the cache, it would mostly be unnecessary
processing. A better method is to not expire the cache at all, and
remove the involved cached file(s) upon an update of your data (which
you can do.) Then you will get the effect you want without a peformance
penalty.

--
Monte Ohrt <monte@ispi.net>
Director of Technology, ispi Inc.