List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    [SMARTY-DEV] assign_by_ref() and append_by_ref()
From:       Monte Ohrt <monte () ispi ! net>
Date:       2002-08-02 18:22:15

These two functions have been committed to CVS. Please try them and see
how they work, or if they were done right.

$smarty->assign_by_ref('foo',$my_array);

The first parameter is not optional, it must have a value. The second
paramater gets passed by reference so it must be a variable, not a literal.

$smarty->append_by_ref('foo', $my_array);

Same goes for this one. I'm not sure if append_by_ref is correct because
benchmarks don't show anything different, but it seems to work OK.

Monte