List:       smarty-dev
Subject:    [SMARTY-DEV] Contents of objects in the debug window
From:       "Martijn van Zal" <martijn () brothersinart ! net>
Date:       2002-06-05 15:50:03

Hello again :)

Since i'm working with object quite a lot I thought it would be practical if
it was also possible to see the contents of objects in the debug window. So
I modified the 'debug_print_var' modifier for this purpose.

That worked out pretty well, but there was a small problem. Some objects
contain links to other objects and other objects a link back. To make sure
this infinite loop behavure  doesn't happen I added a parameter
'printObjects' which defaults to true. Now object will only be printed one
level deep... So if you have an object which contains other objects not all
variables of those objects are printed, only the name.

I think this may be a handy update for everybody who uses objects in his/her
project(s). Maybe this can be included in the plugin as a part of smarty?

Martijn van Zal                            GFXartist Network
Technical Manager

mail: martijn@gfxartist.com
icq: 8213621