List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] Problem with SMART and uas
From:       Christian Franke <Christian.Franke () t-online ! de>
Date:       2015-11-05 6:35:51

Álvaro Gutiérrez Pérez wrote:
> Hi, I have read the following thread:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/smartmontools/mailman/message/33357596/
>
> And just wanted to report that I had the same problem: SMART not
> working and blacklisting uas solved it.

Could smartctl access the USB device if the correct -d TYPE (e.g. -d
sat) option is specified manually?

If yes, SCSI pass-through access for SMART works, but USB ID auto
detection doesn't.

> I am using smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841
> [x86_64-linux-3.19.0-26-generic] (local build)
> on Ubuntu 14.04 with Linux Kernel 3.19.0-26-generic.
>
> As I have not found anything related to uas on your trac, I want to
> know if you already solved this in a newer release and, if not, ping
> you to be aware of it.

The heuristics for USB ID detection is unchanged since 2009[1].

Please create a ticket in our trac.
If possible, add any documentation about USB ID detection if uas is enabled.

Thanks,
Christian

[1]
https://www.smartmontools.org/browser/trunk/smartmontools/os_linux.cpp?rev=4164#L2592