List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] smartctl -l smartlog, 0x30, 0-max returning incorrect data for page 1 an
From:       Christian Franke <Christian.Franke () t-online ! de>
Date:       2015-01-06 6:37:00

Wolford, Jeff wrote:
> I'm trying to use a smartctl (v6.4) -l smartlog to retrieve the Identify Device \
> Data log and all the data for page 1 and beyond have incorrect data (lots of it \
> repeating)... Page 1 of the 0x30 is supposed to have a copy of the Identify Device \
> data, but it does not match
> I have tried several other log pages (like 0x80 host), and they too have incorrect \
> data that has an AMAZING similarity of the Identify Device Data log information
> Command:
> 	smartctl -l smartlog,0x30,0-max --device=sat+cciss,0 /dev/sda
>
> OS: Debian based
>
> Have other folks run into this ?

No. Possibly a problem with multi sector pass-through commands in the
SAT layer in CCISS driver or firmware.

Is the page 0 of Identify Data log correct ? It lists the supported
pages, e.g.:
0000000: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 09 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 ...
0000010: 00 08 ...

If not, is it correct if read with single sector SMART READ LOG command
(-l smartlog,0x30,0) ?

Does READ LOG EXT provide better results (-l gplog,0x30,0-max) ?

Thanks,
Christian