List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] Aborted by host
From:       Tudor Holton <tudor () smartguide ! com ! au>
Date:       2012-11-14 21:54:27

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this.  I saw this line also and had theorised that the test
had been aborted because another was already running. However, my
understanding is that the log should list a test as "Self-test routine
in progress".   Has that changed?

How do we tell between the "host" aborting it, and the drive (or
smartctl) choosing not to run the test?

Cheers,
Tudor.