List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    [smartmontools-support] ATA Errors - What to do with them?
From:       NBeing <quickx () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-20 1:10:47

I recently fixed some bad blocks on my drives, but, also notice "X ATA Error"
which I cannot seem to do anything with.

What should one do about "X ATA Error" messages? Does this mean I should replace
the drive (even-though it says "Health: PASSED"?). Or they harmless (aka,
ignore?). If they get too high I should change, what is too high?

I'll post my three logs here and maybe someone could tell me if the drives are
still good. All say "Health: PASSED", and, no "FAILING NOW" in the "-A", and
pass the latest "long/short/conveyence" tests.

212 ATA Error: http://pastebin.com/6VYA9Sij
2 ATA Error: http://pastebin.com/xTyYZMK2
1 ATA Error: http://pastebin.com/nTuJyLjP

Thanks