List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] Question about donation
From:       Christian Franke <Christian.Franke () t-online ! de>
Date:       2012-03-24 19:04:37

Max Lekomcev wrote:
> My name is Maxim, I live in Russia and I participate in small project IPTV.
> Your program<smartmontools>  helps us with work and we would like to
> make a donation.
> Prompt, how it can be made? It is desirable through PayPal (or gift
> certificates in Internet shop).

Thanks! This is probably the first offer of a donation, therefore we
don't have any official policy how to handle donations.

Many individuals contributed to smartmontools in its 10+ years history.
Most are no longer active.
http://www.ohloh.net/p/smart/contributors

You could donate to individual sourceforge users if the "Donate to" link
in the user profile is present.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/develop

BTW: Could you please describe your project and how smartmontools was
useful?

Thanks,
Christian