List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] Find affected files from smartd warning
From:       Alex Samorukov <ml () os2 ! kiev ! ua>
Date:       2010-09-28 21:31:51

Hi Jack,

You can try to find them using smartctl utility by running "long test"
drive self diagnostic. Then you can try to write to the problematic
sectors using hdparm, but please keep in mind that this way you will
damage data in this sectors.

For the gui, if you want it, i`m recommending gsmartcontrol, but also
you can do everything using command line.

P.S. If its a server - then i`m recommending to replace this hard drive.