List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    [smartmontools-support]  howto set smartd limits
From:       Mr Tux <tuxoholic () hotmail ! de>
Date:       2010-05-06 19:03:40

Am Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010 18.01:58 schrieben Sie:

Hi Christian, thanks for your answer!

> Christian Franke wrote:
>

> > smartd: Device: /dev/sda [SAT], SMART Usage Attribute: 201
> > Soft_Read_Error_Rate changed from 253 to 100
> >

> This is apparently typical also for some other attributes of recent
> Samsung disks.

Is it something to be concerned about? I recall the English wiki article on
S.M.A.R.T. putting 201 into the "critical" category of attributes - is that
so? Or was this correct a few years ago?

Is it safe to put it on ignore?

As for the limits: they already have limits on temperature increase. I don't
understand why it should only be used there.