List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] [smartmontools-devel] updating/revising
From:       Erwan Velu <erwan () seanodes ! com>
Date:       2008-03-10 13:39:35

Bruce Allen wrote:
> Hi Erwan,
>
> I have worked on a couple of other open-source projects (BOINC comes
> to mind) that have tried to move their docs to a Wiki.  Unfortunately
> it did not work out very well.  In the case of a fairly stable and
> mature package like smartmontools, I also don't think that a Wiki is
> so necessary.  This is more appropriate for a project that is evolving
> and changing quite rapidly.
I also have some other examples where projects "just" need to be able
having several people that doesn't have any web skill posting updates
from time to time.
Like a new release or some trick and tips.
I think this new page needs some improvements to help people
understanding the output of smartctl. I did a post on that a few days
ago but nobody answered :p

> So right now I would like to try and find someone who is GOOD at
> making web pages, and try to get a new set of 'traditional' static web
> pages.
Disadvantage I see is that everything relies to a very few people ;o)

> (I apologize if I seem to be discouraging your ideas.  I try to stay
> open to suggestions and new ideas, so I feel bad about this.)

No problem, exchanging ideas is always interesting ;o)

Les opinions et prises de position emises par le signataire du present
message lui sont propres et ne sauraient engager la responsabilite de la
societe SEANODES.

Ce message ainsi que les eventuelles pieces jointes constituent une
correspondance privee et confidentielle a l'attention exclusive du
destinataire designe ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire du
present message ou une personne susceptible de pouvoir le lui delivrer, il
vous est signifie que toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de cette
transmission est strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par
erreur, nous vous remercions d'en informer l'expediteur par telephone ou de
lui retourner le present message, puis d'effacer immediatement ce message de
votre systeme.

The views and opinions expressed by the author of this message are personal.
SEANODES shall assume no liability, express or implied for such message.

This e-mail and any attachments is a confidential correspondence intended
only for use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by phone
or by replying this message, and then delete this message from your system.