List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] Extended offline test stalled?
From:       Jesper Jensen <smartmontools_ml () elector ! dk>
Date:       2007-08-22 7:49:51

David Mathog wrote:
 > Boot knoppix or another CD/DVD based linux, then run smartctl from there.

It's not really an option right now, since it's running a production
system, but I'll try that when I get a chance to take it offline.

 > By the way, I just had a similar issue on a FC drive on a
 > Solaris system, not the system disk, and in that case
 > dismounting the disk let the test complete at the normal time.

Ok interesting, but not an option either, at least not at the moment.

Bruce Allen wrote:
> My only other thought is that this is a disk firmware bug.

Could be, but as far as I know you can't really firmware upgrade SATA
drives, can you?

Thanks for your answers guys.

---
Regards