List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    [smartmontools-support] smartd: HSM violations on LInux 2.6.22 with
From:       Frederik Himpe <fhimpe () telenet ! be>
Date:       2007-08-21 19:39:52

Hi,

Some time ago I posted to LKML mailing list for some HSM violation
happening on my sata_nv system when I start smartmontools. I got a reply
that it's caused by a bug in smartmontools:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-ide&m=118288925701541&w=2

Unfortunately, the patch referred to is a patch for 2.36, while I'm using
2.37. The patch does not seem to apply cleanly anymore. Is there an
updated patch available?

Better yet, is a new version of smartmontools with the fix included
planned for release soon? I am currently looking for a solution which can
be included in Mandriva 2008.0 which is currently in beta.

Thanks!
--
Frederik Himpe