List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support] Byte Swapping under a Promise SATA378
From:       Christian Franke <Christian.Franke () t-online ! de>
Date:       2007-08-12 15:02:06

> Running smartctl version 5.37 under Windows XP SP2. With a Seagate Barracuda
> 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB SATA HDD attached to a onboard Promise SATA378 (in
> IDE mode).
> Smartctl does not seem to be able to read the drive name correctly. It
> returns:
>
> === START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
> Device Model:     TS330226A0 S
> Serial Number:    Q30FE3RM
> Firmware Version: .3AA C

There is now smartctl option "-F swapid" to fix this.

With the "smartctl -r ioctl,2 -i ..." output you sent me, the results are:

$ smartctl -i - < results1.txt

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Device Model:     TS330226A0 S
Serial Number:    Q30FE3RM
Firmware Version: .3AA C

$ smartctl -i -F swapid - < results1.txt

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family:     Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 family
Device Model:     ST3320620AS
Serial Number:    3QF03EMR
Firmware Version: 3.AAC

The "-F swapid" option is available since 2007-07-19. The above commands
need the new "simulate ATA commands from debug out" feature added
2007-07-26.

Cheers,

Christian