List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    [smartmontools-support]SMARTD reports Drive Failing but Power MAX does not
From:       "Pete" <petevs () cox ! net>
Date:       2005-08-24 20:03:42

SMARTD version 5.30  reported my drive is "FAILING NOW"  due to
"error 5 - reallocation sector count" going too low.   The drive is a Maxtor.

I ran 2 full scans using the Maxtor Powermax software and both passed.

These results seem inconsistence.  Is it expected that powermax passes
but SMARTD is telling me to replace the drive??

Thanks Peter