List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support]Integration of smartmontools into centralized monitoring services
From:       "Michael Mansour" <mic () npgx ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-08-17 0:08:41

Hi Gabriele,

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 02:06, Michael Mansour wrote:
> > I use Webmin's
> > "System Server Status" module to monitor SMART status on
> > all my servers.
>
> thanks for your anwer!
>
> I just tried Webmin. Looks nice :-)
>
> But I am not sure, wether we use the same module..
>
> I installed the minimal version of Webmin
> and had to install the modules
>
> fdisk.wbm.gz
> raid.wbm.gz
> mount.wbm.gz
>
> before it was possible to install
>
> smart-status.wbm.gz

I use the RPM release from the Webmin site, which contains all core Webmin
modules (including the Server and System status). When configuring it, I also
allow it to execute a shell script upon an alert, and that shell script emails
an email address, which forwards the alert to an SMS on my mobile.

Quite handy, easy to setup and doesn't require an enterprise-wide monitoring
package. It's good for small to medium sized networks.

Michael.