List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support]reallocated question
From:       Mark Nienberg <mark () tippingmar ! com>
Date:       2005-07-29 16:30:49

Gary Funck wrote:

>Fyi, prelink is listed under /etc/cron.daily and is driven by
>/etc/sysconfig/prelink.  In FC4, it looks as if a full prelink
>happens every 14 days, otherwise a fast prelink is done.
>Something like that.

Oh, that explains the timing.  I'm pretty much convinced now that this
is the cause.  In the future, maybe I will force a full prelink after
installing rpm packages so that the changes from prelink show up
immediately in tripwire rather than up to 14 days later.
Thanks to all for the help!

--
Mark Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates