List:       smartmontools-support
Subject:    Re: [smartmontools-support]Starting S.M.A.R.T. daemon: smartd (failed)
From:       rouble <rouble () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 20:02:42

Thanks. That helped.

One more question, Is there a way I can remotely monitor the smartd
process and status of the hard disks (preferably in a browser) ?

Something along the lines of phpsysinfo
(http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/phpsysinfo/?template=classic) which
lets me monitor cpu temperatures, fan speeds hard drive capacities
etc. over the web.

Cheers
rouble

--
"A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of." - Ogden Nash