List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] SLONY initial sync (PostgreSQL 9.2 master, PostgreSQL 9.4 slave) producing out
From:       Vick Khera <vivek () khera ! org>
Date:       2015-12-23 15:13:49

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 2:03 PM, CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> wrote:
> We are replicating from a PostgreSQL 9.2 database (our Master) to a
> PostgreSQL 9.4 database (our slave) - server encoding is UTF8

It appears you actually have a non-utf8 byte 0x9d in one of your
tables. How did you insert that at all into your 9.2 database? It goes
against your claim that it is configured with UTF8 encoding.

Can you run pg_dump from 9.4 against your 9.2 database with an
enforced client encoding of UTF8?

Fix your data first.