List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] Events being duplicated in log shipping
From:       Steve Singer <steve () ssinger ! info>
Date:       2013-12-05 2:21:54

On 12/04/2013 04:38 PM, Richard Yen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing some issues with slony log shipping where some events
> are being written twice into log files.  Occasionally, what will happen
> is that the replay of logship files generated by the -a flag, I will
> encounter duplicate key violations in the destination node.  When I log
> in to look, most (and in some cases, all) commands executed in the
> offending logship file have already been applied to the destination
> node.  This leads me to believe 1) the archive counter is not
> incrementing or 2) the DML commands are being written more than once
> into separate logship files.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I'm running v. 2.1.3 on
> postgres 8.4.17

This sounds vaguely familiar, I think someone else has reported this
before.  Do you have samples of .sql files that have the same data?

Is it the entire SYNC that is duplicated or only some rows?

What does your cluster configuration look like? Only 1 set and 1
provider or something more complicated?