List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] Problem running slonik
From:       Jayadevan M <Jayadevan.Maymala () ibsplc ! com>
Date:       2009-05-29 7:36:40

Hi,
There is a mention of that error (configure: error: Your version of
libpq doesn't have PQunescapeBytea) here...
http://www.slony.info/documentation/faq.html
Regards,
Jay

             Rainer Duffner
             <rainer@ultra-s
             ecure.de>                                             To
             Sent by:                Jayadevan M
             slony1-general-         <Jayadevan.Maymala@ibsplc.com>
             bounces@lists.s                                       cc
             lony.info               slony1-general@lists.slony.info,
                                     slony1-general-bounces@lists.slo
                                     ny.info
             05/29/2009                                       Subject
             12:45 PM                Re: [Slony1-general] Problem
                                     running slonik on  Solaris:
                                     slony1_funcs       not found

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/compiling-php-on-rhel-5-64-bit-685606/

> Regards,
> Jay

Ok, but this is Solaris:

-bash-3.00# ./configure --with-pgconfigdir=/usr/postgres/8.3/bin --
with-pglibdir=/usr/postgres/8.3/lib/amd64 --with-perltools

checking for POSIX signal interface... yes
checking if you have requested slony1-engine building... yes
overriding pglibdir with /usr/postgres/8.3/lib/amd64
checking for pg_config... /usr/postgres/8.3/bin/pg_config
pg_config says pg_bindir is /usr/postgres/8.3/bin/
pg_config says pg_includedir is /usr/postgres/8.3/include/
pg_config says pg_pkglibdir is /usr/postgres/8.3/lib/
pg_config says pg_includeserverdir is
/usr/postgres/8.3/include/server/
checking for correct version of PostgreSQL... 8.3
8.3
pg_config says pg_sharedir is /usr/postgres/8.3/share/
checking PostgreSQL for enable-thread-safety as required on
solaris2.10... yes
checking for PQunescapeBytea in -lpq... no
configure: error: Your version of libpq doesn't have PQunescapeBytea
      which means that your version of PostgreSQL is lower than 7.3
      and thus not even remotely supported by Slony-I version 2
./configure: line 7489: exit: which: numeric argument required
./configure: line 7489: exit: which: numeric argument required
-bash-3.00#

And now?

Best Regards,
Rainer