List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] 'public' schema problem
From:       Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-08 23:34:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> This seems rather curious; there are no references to the "public" schema
> in Slony-I itself (although there are in test scripts).
>
> There is also no such error message within Slony-I itself as "No schema
> available to setup objects".

This was not exactly the error but it was something like this, I will try to
replicate the same again and will paste the exact one again when I get time.

> That doesn't mean you didn't see it - just that it would have had to be
> induced somewhere else.  I also don't see it in PostgreSQL code (in HEAD,
> but I doubt that's material).
>
> The only plausible thing that comes to mind would be that perhaps the user
> you connected as had some vestigal reference to "public" as being its
> default schema, so that when the user connected, something was left devoid
> of a place to create objects that weren't tied to a specific schema.

This is true as the user had the default schema set to public as it was the
default 'postgres' user I was using so I am pretty sure it can be linked to
this as it didnt have any schema to create objects.

--
Shoaib Mir