List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] Slony querries.
From:       Glyn Astill <glynastill () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-04-08 8:47:59

--- On Wed, 8/4/09, Nagaraja, Madhukar (Madhukar) <mnagaraja@alcatel-lucent.com> \
wrote:

> 1) for controlled switchover, I am assuming I will have to
> run the move set slonik command on the master system. Should
> it be run on the slave system too ? If I have done a
> switchover from node 1 to node 2, where should I run the
> second move set script, node 2 right ? Or assuming the case
> of the network breakdown then the system might be up, but we
> need to bring the slave as master. So where should we run
> the move set slonik script.

You only need to run the scripts once, and that run against all nodes. You should \
specify all your nodes in the adminconinfo section of the preamble. See

http://www.slony.info/documentation/admconninfo.html

> 2) in case of failover, if for some reason the master
> system is down and I want to bring the slave system up as
> master. What should we do here ? Run the failover command on
> the slave system ?

Yeah use failover if all hope for the origin is lost, be sure to read notes at

http://www.slony.info/documentation/stmtfailover.html