List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] other replication solutions
From:       Andrew Sullivan <ajs () crankycanuck ! ca>
Date:       2008-02-21 15:23:27

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:30:20PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> As we apparently can not determine what the problem is with our slony
> implementation and therefore will not be using slony, I'm hoping there
> might be other replication solutions out there.  Anyone know of any?

Command Prompt (my employer) will sell you one.  Many of the other systems
(but not CMD's) work the same way as Slony, and if you're unable to figure
out what's wrong here, I suspect you won't have any luck with them either.
You could use something like Sequoia to commit into two back ends at the
same time.

But I still suspect there's a problem you haven't uncovered.  And given that
Slony is just using SQL to move the data around, if you're having problems
with this, either you have a problem of which you're unaware, or else you've
failed to tell us something critical.