List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] Adjustment of start on VS2005
From:       "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito () guitar ! ocn ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2007-04-05 4:57:30

Hi Christopher-san.

From: "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne@ca.afilias.info>

> The latter two I am fine with; am (tentatively) applying them to the 1.2
> and HEAD branches.

Yes, It was the one to CVS HEAD. Because, It is the one for VS2005 since PostgreSQL 8.3.
and Slony-I ver 1.2.x doesn't make the version a support object. Then, even Version 1.2.x
targets only MinGW-GCC.  I still think whether target it to be undecided. Therefore, this patch
doesn't need the backpatch.

> The rather large change to confoptions.c I am less sure about,
> particularly as it looks like it is not at all restricted to affecting
> Windows functionality.
>
> I need more of an explanation describing what it is fixing before I can
> make the change.  FYI, the patch slon_win32.patch does not apply
> cleanly, so there is some sort of difference between it and the heads of
> the branches.

Ok,
Please look at the image for the reasons why there is Japanese.

There is a problem of a global reference in one.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Slony-I/VS2005_Slon_error.png
Fixed reference patch.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Slony-I/VS2005_Slon_patch1.png
However, the error remains.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Slony-I/VS2005_Slon_error2.png
Therefore, it moves normally.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Slony-I/VS2005_Slon_patch2.png
It ends beautifully.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/Slony-I/VS2005_Slon_fine.png

BTW, pginstaller for Windows becomes VS2005 correspondence the following 8.3.
When Slony is included, it be which of 1.3 or 1.2?
Is the either targeted and is release done? It is necessary to work if 1.2 is the target.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito