List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: [Slony1-general] REPLICATIONUSER really needs to be super-user?
From:       Christopher Browne <cbbrowne () ca ! afilias ! info>
Date:       2007-01-31 19:02:50

Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> It especially means that superuser connections don't go over the wire,
> but stay inside the box. And yes, it is correct.

Then, to that end, I'll put on my "ToDo" list that one or more of the
tests in the "NG testbed" should make use of TWO users, one for the
slon's local connection, and one for sl_path values.

The slon would run as, let's say, "slonysu", and the paths would be
set up with "slonynu", where "nu" is a normal user.

I'll see how far I can lock down "slonynu"...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>