List:       slony1-general
Subject:    Re: Antwort: Re: [Slony1-general] problems with slony startup [auf
From:       Jan Wieck <JanWieck () Yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-08-30 12:44:56

On 8/30/2004 2:16 AM, Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last week I was playing around with slony and saw some of these error
> messages too, when using the example setup scripts.
> Try to seperate between setting up the two nodes and - later - creating a
> set. Another problem was the "table add key" command. It added a new column
> and constraint to the table, but didn't fill in any values for already
> existing rows. So the copy failed - of course.
> I tested with postgres 7.3.4 and 7.4.5.

"table add key" is a construct I rather had left out. If one has any
chance to have an application defined primary key, or at least some
surrogate key defined before the replication system is installed, that
would be far better.

However, it should have filled in values for the new surrogate key
columns. Can you create a self contained test case that shows the bug?

Jan