List:       slony1-general
Subject:    [Slony1-general] errors when subscribing to filled tables [auf
From:       Hendrik Woltersdorf <hendrik.woltersdorf () xcom ! de>
Date:       2004-08-26 13:52:50

Hi all,

I am testing Slony on Redhat 7.3 with PostgreSQL-7.3.4.

The scripts for this test are an edited copy of the delivered examples
(slony-I-basic-mstr-slv.txt). I use only one table "test".

When I set up a replication with an emty table "test" on both nodes, it
works.
But when the table on the master-node has already rows, I get error
messages after the subscription on the slave-node:

CONFIG main: local node id = 2
CONFIG main: loading current cluster configuration
CONFIG storeNode: no_id=1 no_comment='Node 1'
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=1 pa_client=2 pa_conninfo="dbname=test4rep
host=192.168.221.10 user=postgres" pa_connretry=10
CONFIG storeListen: li_origin=1 li_receiver=2 li_provider=1
CONFIG storeSet: set_id=1 set_origin=1 set_comment='test tables'
WARN   remoteWorker_wakeup: node 1 - no worker thread
CONFIG main: configuration complete - starting threads
CONFIG enableNode: no_id=1
CONFIG storeSubscribe: sub_set=1 sub_provider=1 sub_forward='f'
NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE / ADD UNIQUE will create implicit index
'test__Slony-I_test1_rowID_key' for table 'test'
ERROR:  copy: line 1, CopyFrom: Fail to add null value in not null
attribute _Slony-I_test1_rowID
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: PGendcopy() on local DBWARNING:  ROLLBACK: no
transaction in progress
WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: data copy for set 1 failed - sleep 15 seconds
NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE / ADD UNIQUE will create implicit index
'test__Slony-I_test1_rowID_key' for table 'test'
ERROR:  copy: line 1, Slony-I: Table test is replicated and cannot be
modified on a subscriber node
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: PGendcopy() on local DBWARNING:  ROLLBACK: no
transaction in progress
WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: data copy for set 1 failed - sleep 30 seconds

The last 5 lines are repeated until I stop the deamon.

Does anybody know, what's going wrong ??

regards

Hendrik