List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: Jetspeed/Slide integration
From:       Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_mail () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-25 17:06:35

--- Sony Joseph <sony@eself.com> wrote:

> 	Has anyone tried to integrate Slide and jetspeed ?

In what way?

We are using jetspeed and have a portlet for uploading documents into
slide - but this is basically a call to a slide wrapper java class
that handles all the slide/webdav interaction.

We also use it for retrieving documents, but again this is a portlet
that talks to the slide wrapper java class to retrieve the document.

The slide wrapper is a simple singleton service that handles storing
and retrieving documents - it talks via http to a webdav server,
slide in this case.

We use the DAVExplorer httpclient package to make it easier to do the
communication.

We could have used the slide api directly, but wanted something that
is webdav portable - which we didn't investigate via slide (I think
you can get slide to use/reflect another webdav store).

HTH,
Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London - http://freeflats.com