List:       slide-user
Subject:    RE: RE: Are default Domail.xml/web.xml roles consistent?
From:       Mark.Papiani () ubsw ! com
Date:       2001-05-31 14:32:29

["BDY.TXT" (text/plain)]

Sorry to be persistent but I would love to get this working correctly
... I am very close. I still need a little help with
user/roles/permissions in Domain.xml.

Everything is working fine with Tomcat 3.2.1/Slide 1.0.10/MySQL, except
locking. GET, PUT work fine for content in MySQL.

Problem:
*** I use 3 clients: Dav Explorer, Web Folders and DreamWeaver, and
regardless of who I logon to slide as (and which client I use) the
locks table in MySQL always shows the subject as /users/root. I can
add/remove locks from any of my client apps as any user. John can
remove root's locks etc.

Is there something in my config files that allows this?  I have
attached my full tomcat-user.xml, Domain.xml and web.xml.

I am fairly happy that tomcat-user defines 3 users root, guest, john
with roles root, guest, john. web.xml allows all the webDav methods to
be executed by root, guest, john in the security-constraint tag.

I am still lost with Domain.xml. Is this causing my problem?

If anyone can restructure my Domain.xml so that it does not allow root,
john, guest to add/remove locks always as subject /users/root then I
would be very grateful.

Alternatively a little more info on the authorisation in Domain.xml as
per my request below might get me there.

Many Thanks
Mark

>From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
>To: <slide-user@jakarta.apache.org>, <papiani@computer.org>
>Subject: Re: RE:RE: Are default Domail.xml/web.xml roles consistent?
>Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:44:46 -0700
>
> > I'm just installing the new slide 1.0.10 release and would like to
>revisit
> > my question about the consistency of roles defined in
Domail.xml/web.xml