List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: locks and deleting files again
From:       "Remy Maucherat" <remm () apache ! org>
Date:       2001-05-29 17:42:13

> Furher to my previous email about slide allowing files locked by one user
> be deleted by another user, I have more information on this problem.
>
> I have switched to the MySQL stores from the Files stores.
>
> I am using Slide 1.0.9, Tomcat 3.2.1, MySQL 3.23.38 on Solaris 2.6 Sparc.
>
> I am using 2 different users: root and guest with Dav Explorer 0.71 or MS
> Web Folders as clients.
>
> Again I can lock a file as guest and delete it as root. My 'locks' table
in
> MySQL always shows that locks belong to subject /users/root regardless of
> who locks the file.
>
> I manually changed the subject for a lock in MySQL to /users/guest but
still
> root user could delete the file from Dav Explorer. Web Folders.
>
> Sample MySQL output is shown below. Has anyone had similar experience or
had
> locks working correctly?

I tried it with the default configuration. If I log in as "john" (which is
one of the users defined), and lock something, the lock owner is /users/john
(at least with the memory store).
I checked the latest version of the JDBC store, and it looks ok.

There was some issues with DAV Explorer, which always attempts to steal
locks (by using a PROPFIND to get the token, then submitting it in the
DELETE).
See my commits yesterday for more details on these fixes.

I'll release a new 1.0.10 version to pick up those fixes (as well as a lot
of others).

Remy