List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: POLL: Which Slide features do you actually use / need?
From:       Eirikur Hrafnsson <eiki () idega ! is>
Date:       2007-06-27 14:29:30

Hey Oliver,

Slide is truly great software. We have been using it (HEAD) for 2
years now in production solutions for sports federations, government
and municipality solutions in 3 countries.
I second the idea of pushing out a new version now AS IS. It's good
enough and has been for a loooong time.

What I would like to see is a fix for the huge performance issue with
the RDBMSAdapter (clearing all binding on any upload) and true cluster
support (including the Lucene index).
That is what our enterprise customers are asking for (or demanding).

For our developer side of the matter I would like an EASY to use
serverside API (not webdav client) and perhaps a simple web service
front end or DWR so we can do that AJAX file client the list has
talked about.

Cheers

Eirikur S. Hrafnsson, eiki@idega.is
Chief Software Engineer