List:       slide-user
Subject:    RE: WebDAV Export/Import files to switch on versioning
From:       "Warwick Burrows" <warwick.burrows () e2open ! com>
Date:       2005-11-28 20:03:46

Hi,

Can't you just run the versioncontrolMethod() on each of your files (and
collections if you want) to turn versioning on for them? ie. rather than
reimport all of the data? When we add data to our Slide server we
explicitly control versioning from our client (ie. we have
auto-versioning turned off and we call the versioncontrolMethod() from
the Slide WebDAV client ourselves to turn version control on for each
file individually. You can turn on versioning for your existing
resources programmatically by getting a WebdavResource to each object
then calling the versioncontrolMethod() of WebdavResource to put that
resource under version control. You will need to have auto-versioning
off while doing this, but after you have put all of your existing files
under version control you should be able to switch auto-versioning on
again if you use it.

I haven't read the important note you refer to on the website though so
I may not know what the context of your problem is...

Warwick