List:       slide-user
Subject:    Help!!!
From:       "Claude Duguay" <res0a6xa () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-04-26 0:55:38

I am utterly flaberghasted at the confused state I have spiralled into.
Can anyone answer the following questions?

1) Where is the documentation for reference classes that can be used in
configuration? I can see that classes like
"slidestore.file.FileContentStoreNoVersioning" exist but where are the
docs?

2) I have set up the turnkey tomcat installation and can run it and even
(though not without a serious struggle, again fully attributable to poor
documentation) created users that I can use to mount a WebFolder in
Windows. But where is the documentation for the directory hierarchy (I
can't even tell which directories are running the web app to determine
which configuration files are relevant).

3) Where is the documentation for domain.xml (examples are useless
without some sense of what's permissible or not, what's expected, etc).
The schema def is not very useful for figuring this out.

4) If the conf directory under the server directory is relevant (I'm
assuming it is because tomcat-users.xml file changes appear to work),
where is the constantly referenced domain.xml file supposed to be put?
And where is the org.apache.slide.slide.properties file referenced in
the docs?

To be blunt, I've never see documentation so far out of sync with actual
code on an Apache project, so I'm baffled. I've been presuming that I
was looking in the wrong place. But the FAQ introduces more confusion
that assistance and I'm completely lost. I've search mail archives and
read the specs for WebDAV extensions and versioning extensions.

What I really want is to get versioning working but the mail archives
reference domain.xml everywhere and there are no such files anywhere to
be found, except in the examples directory, which appear to address
server-side examples, but (again) there is no documentation, not even
decent comments in the code.

There's nothing very useful for working with the client library either,
BTW. I'm at a loss to figure all this out myself...