List:       slide-user
Subject:    slide vs mod_dav and tomcat + subversion & cvs questions
From:       Henry Story <hjs () bblfish ! net>
Date:       2003-04-24 8:17:58

I have just come across your project and am looking to understand a little
how it fits in the bigger picture of things.

1. how does the WebDav servlet from slide compare with the one that is
shipped by default with tomcat 4.x distribution. I noticed that there is
not much info on that servlet, and that it has not been altered for over a
year now. Would it be better to use your webdav servlet?

2. how does your WebDav servlet compare in functionality with the mod_dav
from apache? ( We are currently using mod_dav, and I am looking to
switching to java. )

3. CVS and Subversion: As I understand it, slide provides the framework to
webdav enable version control systems such as CVS or subversion.
Subversion is currently using mod_dav.  Have you heard of anyone project
that has set out to use slide to do the same? Do you have a project to
work with CVS?

4. On your front page it makes reference to some Swing clients. Are they
ready for use? I could not find any reference on how to start them.

Sincerely,

Henry Story