List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: Something about delete permission
From:       Wong Kam Lai <klwong () onk ! cintec ! cuhk ! edu ! hk>
Date:       2003-04-22 12:24:08

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Wong Kam Lai wrote:

> I've tried for deleting permission and have some investigation, correct me
> if I'm wrong.
>
> I found that there are two sets of API to deal with delete permission...
> one is
> 1. Get AclProperty acl by webdavResource.aclfindMethod(path);
> 2. Get Aces from acl.getAces();
> 3. Find the right Ace by checking whether they have the same principal
> etc.
> 4. call Ace's removePrivilege(privilege) to remove the permission.
>
> I think it mainly affects the memory, so it is okay for immediately effect
> and can't remain the result after reboot the server, the result is resumed
> by the database.
>
> Second one is about security's revokePermssion() method, it calls the
> corresponding Store, 'JDBCDescriptorsStore or MySQLDescriptorsStore or
> other related store' to delete the permssion from database. However, it
> doesn't relate to the memory, therefore, as I need to read the permission
> from memory, it has no immediately effect. But it takes effect when
> restart tomcat..
>
> So, in order to have immediately effect and can last after reboot
> server. I use these two sets of API together ..
Also, I find that if I have the following situation

/cnc ..some permission
/cnc/abc ....some permission
/cnc/efd ....some permission

if I want to erase the permission for /cnc, actually, I need to erase all
permissions under /cnc, but now there seems no api to do so, I need to get
all children of /cnc and erase them one by one