List:       slide-user
Subject:    Repost: Newbie question
From:       Jürgen_Hoffmann <jh () byteaction ! de>
Date:       2003-04-17 7:40:56

A plain yes or no is sufficient.

Hi Community,

Is it possible to program a web application with turbine, and to
integrate slide to make Word Documents and Spreadsheets editable right
from the Browser? Let me clearify.

We have a web-based contact management written in turbine. Now I want to
present the user a list of documents which were send to the user. Then
if a user clicks the link, word (if installed) should open up with the
document to edit. If the user has the rights he should be able to push
the save button and the document is saved back to the repository. If he
does not have the rights the save as Dialog should be presented, so he
can save the document in his own workspace.

If ist possible, can somone point me to expalining ressources? Is there
a wiki somewhere? I found it pretty hard to work with slide in the
beginning, because i could not find a newbie howto ...

Other than that I have mounted webfolders with Microsoft Windows XP and
it works like a charm. GREAT WORK!!!

Kind regards

Jürgen Hoffmann