List:       slide-user
Subject:    deleting content from FileContentStore
From:       "Enrico Thor" <enrico.thor () pentaprisma ! com>
Date:       2003-04-16 14:59:54

Hi all,

I use the 'slide.reference.FileContentStore' to store content. I also
use the core library for Slide-access. When I try to delete the file
itself calling "content.remove(SlideToken token, NodeRevisionDescriptors
revisionDescriptors)" the file want be deleted from filesystem. In the
javadoc it says 'Remove all revisions at this Uri.' and I assumed that
means including the content? Could anyone help?

Also I tried to use 'slidestore.file.XAFileContentStore' as I understand
that this contentstore supports transactions. Using this store causes
the following exception calling 'NamespaceAccessToken.commit()' at the
and of any successful transaction:

16 Apr 2003 16:57:45 - org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransaction -
WARNING - Commit failure: Resource manager
slidestore.file.XAFileContentStore@186768e Error code
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:180)
        at
slidestore.file.XAFileContentStore.commit(XAFileContentStore.java:169)
        at
org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransaction.commit(SlideTransaction.ja
va:347)
        at
org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransactionManager.commit(SlideTransac
tionManager.java:230)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.commit(NamespaceAccessT
okenImpl.java:403)

Thanks for help.

Enrico