List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: Mime type application/xml
From:       Michael Smith <msmith () speedlegal ! com>
Date:       2003-04-15 2:30:49

Stephan Meinl wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sorry but I can't search this mailing lists archive to find out
> whether this question has been answered before:
> I would like to retrieve XML-Files from a slide folder and get a
> mime-type "application/xml" instead of "text/xml". I changed the
> according entry in /WEB-INF/web.xml but still reveive "text/xml". Can
> anyone tell me how I make slide return the desired mime type.
> Thanks a lot,
> Stephan

If they're uploaded to the server with type application/xml, they should
be returned with that type (if that's not the case, you've likely found
a bug, though there may be reasons to treat this case specially).
However, if they're uploaded as text/xml (which is more likely, it's a
more widely used mime type for xml documents), then slide will return
them as text/xml. You can change the DAV:getcontenttype property on the
resource if you wish to change how it's returned (I don't think slide
protects this property)

Mike